While Amazon is primarily known as an online marketplace that offers a wide range of products, including fashion items, it can be a bit challenging to find sustainable fashion brands on the platform. However, there are some brands that prioritize sustainability and offer eco-friendly clothing options. Here are a few sustainable fashion brands that you might find on Amazon:
1. Patagonia: Patagonia is a well-known outdoor clothing brand that emphasizes sustainability and environmental responsibility. They offer a range of eco-friendly clothing and accessories, including jackets, sweaters, t-shirts, and more.
2. prAna: prAna focuses on sustainable materials and fair trade practices. They offer a variety of activewear and casual clothing options for both men and women. You can find items like yoga pants, tops, dresses, and swimwear from this brand.
3. Outerknown: Outerknown is a brand co-founded by professional surfer Kelly Slater, committed to creating sustainable clothing. They prioritize using organic and recycled materials in their products. Their collection includes men’s and women’s clothing, such as jeans, t-shirts, and swimwear.
4. Alternative Apparel: Alternative Apparel offers comfortable and stylish basics made from eco-friendly materials like organic cotton and recycled fibers. They have a range of clothing options for men and women, including t-shirts, hoodies, sweatpants, and more.
5. Thought: Thought (formerly Braintree Clothing) focuses on creating sustainable and ethically produced clothing. They offer a wide range of women’s clothing, including dresses, tops, skirts, and accessories, made from organic and eco-friendly materials.
6. People Tree: People Tree is a fair trade fashion brand committed to sustainability and ethical production. They offer a variety of clothing for men and women, including dresses, tops, trousers, and knitwear, made from organic and natural materials.
7. SAWA SAWA: SAWA SAWA is a black woman founded, sustainable, ethically made, Nonprofit fashion brand. They partner with artisan women in Kenya to create natural, organic, eco bags, baskets and accessories. Proceeds go back to empowerment programs for the artisan women and their daughters. These include among others reproductive health education, menstrual hygiene kits, food, medical camps among others.
Please note that availability and product selection may vary on Amazon, and it’s always a good idea to read reviews, check the brand’s website, or look for additional information to ensure their sustainability claims align with your values.